Information and resources
I’ve been successful in finding web sites that show samples of student video projects. These projects were extremely impressive! Students integrate animation, sound effects, graphics, and humor to produce very creative messages. I viewed unusual videos about dreams, tessellations, student service learning projects, poetry, hobbies, etc. Another surprising development! My school’s part-time librarian, another resource person, agreed to be part of the iMovie project.
Modify my plan?
I’m on target by achieving many of my objectives; however, my school is about to enter the “testing phase” of our school year. Modified testing schedules will affect our grade team meeting times and I may have to redirect my attention and develop subtasks and activities that I will include in a video project.
What have I learned so far?
I’ve found it is easier for me to create goals that help me develop multimedia instructional units. What do I really need to know? What new skills do I need to learn to incorporate a video project into this unit? I don’t have to learn everything; just get started.
New Questions?
What is the difference among digital video tools and software products? Quicktime Player? iMovie? Video podcast?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is great how you are venturing out of your comfort zone with technology and the videos. Having not made videos regularly, I am also curious about the differences between types of video making software. In the past, I have worked with the interactive whiteboard technology to make short videos of my interactive whiteboard. This allows for you to record your voice, but is basically just a screen cast. While creating the video was not difficult, I struggled with the formats for videos (.avi, .wmf, .mp3, .mp4, etc.) I found that many of the endings were very large files that were not easily e-mailed to be shared or posted to my class website. I am slowly learning about which file format is the best and will work for what I am trying to complete. However, I’ve come across many stumbling blocks. It is possible that one of the differences between the programs is what type of video files it creates. You may want to look into that and see which would be most functional. In reference to sharing them, I did notice that you can upload a video to youtube as private (so that it is not able to be searched or viewed by the general public), but the problem is that only 15 people can view it and they have to have a youtube account. So far, I have not found a great platform for sharing these videos in a private, selective sense. I look forward to hearing more about your progress and if you have success.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Hi Rebecca:
ReplyDeleteThanks for your response and for your advice. I don't know much about video file size, but as you indicated, this information is important to know.
I also have a Promethean whiteboard and I'm not aware of the screencast feature that you described. I would like to learn more about this option to add to my technology toolkit.
Thanks again
Karla